Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Kinda Like You A Lot

Hi everyone!

This week on the Glitz blog, we're using a color theme--pink, silver, and/or gold. I wanted to use pink and silver, and since silver is kind of hard with digis, I used some light greys. I went through ALL of my Glitz files and pulled out anything pink or grey. There were quite a few, and it's nice how many of the Glitz pinks match. :)

I don't know about you, but I don't typically make Valentine's for my friends--well, not since I was a kid. I make them for my husband and my kids' classmates, and I'm usually done by that point. This year, I decided to make some for friends.

Here they are:

Kinda Like You Set J. Olson


I started by using a Simon Says Stamp stencil and embossing paste for two of the cards, and adding mists to the other two cards. I printed off, fussy cut, and die-cut the different papers and elements. Digital is handy for making card sets...I didn't have to buy multiple packs of die-cuts. 

This one was my favorite:

Kinda Like You Set J. Olson


I took a digital sentiment from Glitz Design's Sunshine in My Soul and opened it in Silhouette Designer Studio. I traced around the letters and added a heart from Lori Whitlock. 

Here are the rest of the cards:

Kinda Like You Set J. Olson


For the Life is Beauty Full card, I used sentiments from Love You Madly (recolored) and Beautiful Dreamer. The "you are my sunshine" is cropped from the full verse, and I adjusted the hue a bit.


Kinda Like You Set J. Olson

I layered the doily, heart, and sentiment from the Love You Madly collection. I love this collection! That grey woodgrain is from the Raven collection. Yep, a Halloween collection, since that's how I roll. :)


Kinda Like You Set J. Olson


This last card is similar to the first, but I backed it with the grey and white polka dot. I love that little arrow from the Wild and Free elements!

What about you--are you making any Valentine's this year? 

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week.


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI; (glitter cardstock) Best Creations
Digital elements: (Love You Madly full collection, Yours Truly paper pack, Pretty in Pink paper pack, Yours Truly element pack 2, Finnley element pack 2, Wild and Free element pack 2, Sunshine in My Soul element pack, Raven element pack 2, Beautiful Dreamer element pack 1) Glitz Design at Jessica Sprague
Dies: (small hearts from Large Holiday Shapes) Simon Says Stamp, (large heart from Limitless Layers Hearts, Tag Sale #4) PTI
Stencil: (Falling Hearts stencil) Simon Says Stamp
Cutting Files: (wonky heart from Sugar Rush Love You) Studio Calico
Twine: Lawn Fawn
Embossing paste: Wendy Vecchi


14 comments:

  1. These are womderful! Love your layers and the different paper combinations, your favorite is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Jocelyn! I love the pastel colours and shaped layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layers of beautiful paper. Love the soft colors...so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are rockin' the layered papers, girl. Still so light and lovely. The sentiments are the best. Tickled to be rubbing elbows with you in the March issue of PC&S, BTW :) You were one of the nice gals that encouraged me to submit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year I decided to make & send them to friends too! My hubby & I haven't exchanged them in yeaaaarrrrs. These are SO sweet, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These V cards are so beautiful and so stunning! Loving the pastel !!!

    Thanks for the thought... yup still no sign!!! big hugs my dearest friend... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful!! LOVING those hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! I love the beautiful layers and soft pinks... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each one of these cards is gorgeous, Jocelyn! I love the soft pinks and greys. And let's just say I'm _trying_ to make some Valentines... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are just lovely! Pink and grey are so beautiful together and you used layering so well in all these cards! Your friends are lucky people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sentiments you used! So cute:) Nice layering too; it gives the cards a lot of dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How FUN are these cards! I love the soft color palette and layering! You can make any style look amazing, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are just plain gorgeous, Jocelyn!! Love all the amazing layers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs