Sunday, October 27, 2013

Whitewashed Leaves

Hi everyone! Are you ready for Monday? My brother-in-law and his wife have been visiting from Oklahoma the past few days, and this weekend flew by!


It's time for Paper Smooches SPARKS' Picture Perfect challenge. Here's the inspiration picture:


Cool, eh? Here's what I made:



I wanted it to have an artsy feel. I used the stamping-off technique for the background, using a maple leaf from the Paper Smooches' Leafy Greens set. Since I wanted it to look a little more watercolored, I then watered down white paint and went over the top with a dry brush.

The sentiment is the Love Word, which I die-cut from glitterstock. I intentionally weathered the edges with my fingers and even added a bit of embossing paste to the bottom edges (thanks for the enabling, Debby!) Here's a close-up:



I'm linking up this card in the Moxie Fab World's Enthralled with Fall image. My colors are more muted, but I was inspired by the overlapping leaves in the picture:



I actually made two cards for the SPARKS and the TT. Before I decided to stamp off the leaves, I stamped them directly as a background:



It's kind of hard to believe they're the same colors and stamp. I heat embossed a sentiment from Simply Said.

Like the SPARKS image? You can link up your entries HERE. It's a cool picture, and I hope you're inspired!

Be sure to check out my teammates' cards:


Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies
Cardstock: (Rustic White, white) PTI; (silver glitterstock) Best Creations
Clear stamps: (leaf from Leafy Greens; sentiment from Simply Said) Paper Smooches
Ink: (Lilac Posies, Tuxedo Black Luxe Ink) Tsukineko; (Tide Pool Mid-Tone) Hero Arts; (Honey, Mango, Provincial, Peach) Fresh Ink
Embossing Powder: (clear) Wow!
Die: (Love Word die) Paper Smooches
Twine: (natural) Hemptique
Tissue Paper

29 comments:

  1. That whitewashing with the glittery stitched sentiment is fantastic! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwww! These are gorgeous!! I am IN LOVE with those leaves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is Sooo Pretty! I love the soft feel it has!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Jocelyn! They are both beautiful! The first one is more unique... I love the softness and the stitching over the die cut sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jocelyn! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...........THUD!!! Just love the white washed card--such a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... I need to try that technique!! love the distressed whitewash layer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Stunning!... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOOOOOOOOOODNESS me, Jocelyn! I love love love both cards! I love the soft feel of the first one-- it's perfect! I love the glittered sentiment too! I LOVE the stitching- LOVE it all x1000000000:)

    And your second card is so Autumn! Beautiful colors! Perfect CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the dreamy quality of the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both brilliant, Jocelyn, but the first one? More than artsy... it's art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again! I just read your post - I thought you'd used vellum, but I think this is just a wonderful technique tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oohhh I love love love the soft colours of that first card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are stunning! The softness you achieved in that first card is just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well talk about artsy, wow! Beautiful results. Makes me want to try a version of this. Congrats on your TT win! A perfectly great result!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOOOVE both cards so much! The stamped off/whitewashed card is so pretty and ethereal! Congrats on your Trigger shout out! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh, how pretty. Congrats on the TT win! This is a fun technique~want to try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful cards - love the whitewash effect and the more vibrant colours! Congrats on the TT win!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are just beautiful ~ Congrats on being a Trigger Target!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!!! Love the white washed card :) So Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both of these so much - totally different & both are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both of your cards - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. such a beautiful set of cards!! love them both!! thanks for sharing and have a fabulous week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow! love love the white washed look. absolutely gorgeous card, Jocelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The white-washed card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs