Thursday, June 27, 2013

You + Me

Hi everyone! Yeah! It's almost Friday. My daughter's half-birthday is tomorrow--since she has a late-December birthday, we've always had a  mini celebration for her half-birthday. To celebrate, on Saturday, we're taking the kids to a nearby amusement park. I'm thinking someone is going to need a long nap (and I'm not talking about the kids). ;)

If you have time this weekend, you can make a card for the new CAS-ual Fridays Challenge:


Nope, not food. The challenge is to make a CAS project with arrows. Instead of using traditional arrows, I went with a series of really large arrows:




It's not patterned paper in the background--I made that by stamping through a digital mask.  I used the Giant Chevron Knock-Out by Splendid Fiins and cut the mask in half. Then, I used a digital mist brush to create the pastel ombre.

After I printed the panel, I sprayed the paper with a real iridescent mist to give it some shimmer. I stamped the sentiment from Kelly Purkey/Simon Says Stamp and embossed it in gold. Here's a close-up:




If you would like to play along with this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge, the winner will receive a gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp:



You can link up your projects HERE.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend. :)


Supplies
Cardstock: (white) PTI
Other paper: (Premium Matte Photo Paper) OfficeMax
Clear stamp: (sentiment from Instalove) Kelly Purkey at Simon Says Stamp
Ink: Versamark
Mist: (Pearl) Tattered Angels
Digital elements: (Giant Chevron Knock-Out) Splendid Fiins at The Lilypad


21 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the gradient background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya lost me at "stamping through a digital mask". Hee hee. But this is fabulous. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the gradient background, the pop of gold embossing...super sweet, super trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loveeeeeeeeee this ... and as a lover of that book series ... I am LOVING the theme too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Jocelyn!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!
    YOU are MY personal card making idol.. no matter what :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love this! So pretty! You're amazing and you better know that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely GORGEOUS! And your photo captured the shimmer...I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this FUN Design!! =) Have a Blast celebrating her half birthday!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card Jocelyn and I just love the 'half-birthday' idea. I have a nephew born in December and I think I might just surprise him and start this 'half' celebration for him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the subtle background and thanks so much for the tips! I so appreciate you taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your arrow design is just amazing! I love the gradient effect and perfect with the gold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one knocked my socks off. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super clever take on the challenge Jocelyn, I just love the way your mind thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome, Jocelyn! Such a graphic, perfectly-designed card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pretty chevrons!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs