Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fa la la la la la la la la

I've had an idea for the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger for over a week, but I finally got around to making the card. Here's the trigger:


I did what Karen suggested about looking at a photo and then stepping away to see what you remember. I kept thinking of the pink/blue/yellow linked together and all of the gold, so I made a Christmas card with those elements:

First, I misted cardstock with each color. Next, I die cut the base and snowflake layers from Memory Box and then embossed the snowflake layer. I'm not much of a heat embosser...I think I embossed each one 3 times to get a relatively smooth gilded look...ha ha. Here's a close-up where you can see the misting:


I am officially addicted to mists. And, I have to say the Memory Box dies cut amazingly well...no struggling to get the pieces out like some dies.

I also used the PTI Linen impression plate on the base and stamped the Technique Tuesday's Good Cheer sentiment.  Here's a close-up:

If you go onto the Moxie Fab World site, Cath posted a great tribute to Katie Renz. Cancer really sucks.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. We had our first (momentary) snowfall about an hour ago...it's officially winter.

29 comments:

  1. I love this card...The gold is so awesome on the ornaments.. Great card..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely heartstopping beautiful! Wow! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME take on the trigger!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the gold embossing looks- a great interpretation of the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out great. What a fabulous idea to step away from the photo and remember key items for inspiration. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jocelyn, that is an absolutely perfect interpretation of the Trigger photo. If your name doesn't appear among this week's Trigger Targets, I'll eat my hat!! This is BEAUTIFUL!! Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. splendiferous!!!! I can't get over the coverage of the mists! I thought the ornaments were stamped on colored CS until you showed the close-up. Your heat embossing is mahvelous, and the die cuts are flawless. K, a whack of Memory Box dies are gonna be shippin to barbles HQ...real soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jocelyn I love how you made the card simple so that those spectacular ornaments could shine! Beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! I love it Jocelyn! These ornaments are perfect for the bling inspiration and the misting... voila!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome take on the trigger! The gold really pops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your festive interpretation, Jocelyn! I'm posting mine tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW Jocelyn... this is so beautiful!!! I love it... you simply nailed it... you are amazing!!! Hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love what you've done here Jocelyn, the gold embossing is so luxurious and the misting, so pretty...beautiful tree ornaments :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gasp! You TOTALLY rocked this challenge, Jocelyn! I love those fabulous gold ornaments with the gorgeous misting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love your beautiful take on the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your embossed ornaments are breathtaking, Jocelyn! I love this card, it's so gorgeous and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful! I love the misting and the gold embossing together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Jocelyn! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. GORGEOUS! Absolutely perfect for the challenge. A winner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those gold ornaments are GORGEOUS! That embossing looks amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OHHHHHHH! What a great idea for this inspiration piece--LOVE your gold embossing! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The multiple embossing is really stunning! Did you re-stamp each time, or just sprinkle on more powder? Inquiring nosy minds wanna know :)
    I cried reading Cath's tribute to Katie. Cancer really sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The gold is so fantastic and beautiful.....I think I must have stared at your card for a long time just oooohhhhhing over it! I also forgot to say, I hope your hubs is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great baubles on your card Jocelyn. So Christmas-y. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this, Jocelyn! Pure gorgeousness. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, these ornaments are absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colours and the details. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG! Super stunning. And you have to tell me where you get your Technique Tuesday stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs