Thursday, March 31, 2011

Congrats, Grad!

One of my former students called me a few weeks ago to catch-up. Melissa is graduating in May with her Bachelor's degree in Nursing and she received her dream job offer of an OB nursing position. I'm so excited for her! I was one of Melissa's advisor since her freshman year in college, and so I've really seen her change over the past few years. Thus, the inspiration for today's card:
I used Waltzingmouse Stamps' Teeny Trees to show the trees from Winter to Summer. The grid is flush-left...kind of a cool look I think. Here are a few close-ups to see some of the details:


I used a yellow glittery pen to draw the buds and the inks are Brilliance, which give a lot of shimmer in person. Here's a close-up of the sentiment I made in Word (I don't have a graduation sentiment??):


The change in the trees reminded me of the transformation of Melissa--starting out fresh from high school, having a few bumps along the way, but turning into someone who is really ready to move onto the next phase of her life. I'm so proud of her!

Thanks for looking, and thanks for the kind comments!

Here's what I used:
Cardstock: Kraft & Vintage Cream (PTI)
Patterned Paper: from the Walk in the Park collection (Echo Park)
Stamps: Teeny Trees (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Inks: Rocket Red, Sage (Dew Drop); Peacock Trio (Archival); Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Pen: yellow glitter (Sakura)
Rhinestone: from the Holiday Assortment (Doodlebug Designs)

5 comments:

  1. Adorable Graduation card. Love the layout.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great graduation card! Really genuis, I'm sure she'll love it. Thanks for the sweet comments you left at my blog today! I'm glad you liked what you saw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome graduation Card!!!..You are amazing...love this a ton!!!...HUgs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a neat idea!! I love all the trees, and the concept of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, this is so perfect for the occasion! Your little talented self always amazes me! Melissa will love it and treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments!

Blog Design by Caked Designs